Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I just want to say I feel extremely guilty writing this as I love my dog and really don't want to give her away but I feel it's what's best for her. She's 1 year old and I feel like I don't have enough time for her. I'm 21, I work long hours and have a pretty busy life. My dad works with a girl who is looking for a dog, her dog recently passed and she has had dogs all her life. She only works part time and would have a lot more time for her. I know I would really miss her but it's about what is best for her not me. Any advice?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
If you feel like you can't give the dog what it needs, then it is a very wise decision to give it away.
perhaps you can talk with the woman, if you can come visit them from time to time or meet up for a walk on weekends. :)

Reactions: cos

·
Registered
813 Posts
Why do you have a dog if there is no time to fulfil her needs?

Yes, find her a home where she will get what she needs and stop feeling guilty.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think the post above me is a bit harsh. Unexpected things come up all the time, things you might not expect when you first get the dog. And to respond to the op, I think it would be wise to consider it greatly, and make a decision not with you in mind, but with your dog. What wil be best for her?

·
Super Moderator
3,750 Posts
Hi Amcc15,

I'd really like to know a bit more about your lifestyle and your dog. How much time do you currently spend with your dog every day? What is a typical day like for both of you?

Were you already thinking of finding a new home for your dog? Do you want to keep your dog? Are you feeling pressured by your dad?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts