Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I'm completely out of resources regarding Ellie.
Her behaviour has only gotten worse and worse. We can barely go for walks anymore due to her barking and pulling. I'm not talking about the occasional grunt either, it's a continuous shriek.
We've been in touch with a trainer but even though he seemed hopeful nothing he has prescribed in terms of training and exercise has worked. If anything it has made it worse.
Her dog walker says she can't have her anymore because she disrupts the other dogs and scares people. And i can't leave her at home because she barks as well and pees when i'm not there (she doesn't have separation anxiety, but she gets bored easily)
I've taken a few days off work to be with her but i can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I sound frustrated as i write this but i've never lost my cool around her. I don't know what to do, i can't quit my job in order to stay at home with her.

Would rehoming her be such a terrible thing to do? I love her dearly and she has been my entire life since the day she came home, but if neither of us are fulfilled maybe its the best thing to do?

Genuine advice needed. Has anyone else been through this?

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
What type of training techniques has he recommended to you? Also, how old is Ellie now? What types of stuff do you leave for her to do at home when you leave?

·
Registered
880 Posts
To add to @Shandula questions is Ellie crate trained?

Reactions: Cynna

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Echoing, what techniques did you try?

How long have you been working with her?

Do you know why she's acting like that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts