Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Me and my family has just gotten a new puppy, a beautiful finnish lapphund lady. None of us has any experience with dogs, so we overly worry of course.
Since we got her yesterday she seems to be nervous inside the house. She only walks around to follow us and stand in between our legs and sit on our laps. When we take her outside she explodes into an energy furrball and seems so happy. But the moment we take her inside, she imediately becomes reserved and shy, and is not interested in her toys anymore!

We hope the indoors is just something she will get used to, but i find myself afraid that she is worried and unhappe when she is inside. Is there anything we can do to make her more comfortable in the house, so she will play and walk around on her own? Otherwise she just sits in her open cage and sleeps.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
222 Posts
How old is she, and what do you know of her previous history - was she kept inside, could she have had bad experiences indoors? And how long have you had her for?

Will she eat and take treats in the house?

It could be that it will just take time - for now, let her be with you, follow you around, and give her opportunities to play games with you but don't push it. You do want her to be happy away from you eventually, so maybe give her something edible to occupy her like a stuffed Kong, and just leave the room and come straight back while she's busy with that, gradually building up the time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts