Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed that dog food prices have been going up? (Don't feel bad...mine went up $4 in a week grrr lol)
Thought maybe some might want to know why.

There is a shortage of rice world wide and also of lamb. It costs the companies more money to buy their share of rice because of the shortage and 75% of the time they aren't getting the ammount that they need. As for lamb something about New Zealand (which is where most get their lamb from) getting low on lambs or something (can't remember exactly), but they can't keep up with the demand.

I don't know about other pet foods, but Nutro (Max and Natural Choice) has discountinued their Lamb and Rice formula until further notice.

Nutro buys the most ammount of rice and lamb...so they were, of course, the first pet food affected by the shortages. But be prepared to see prices for other pet foods go higher and shortages, especially in lamb.

Also, for those you buy Wellness, they are having shortages in their Venison (as well as the normal Lamb and Rice)

Just thought that might explain the price increases and shed some light if you are frustrated with pet stores not having the food.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Shortage or cost doesn't mater all time !!

You are right man !! there is shortages of dog food which has caused to increase their prices by great difference.

Though its true, I recommend you to go for some special dog food products whose prices remains unchanged in spite market variations.

Be first to buy quality dog foods at cheapest prices >>>> DOG FOODS

:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts