Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I went to the vet with Riloue regarding his eyes. Theyve got heaps of sleep in them...
Anyway, vet looked at his eye for a few seconds, showed me some white follicles he could see and said its an allergic conjunctivitis.
Im picking up a cream tomorrow.
Thats it.
Wouldnt they try to find out what triggers the allergy and if it could be bacterial or something?
(first vet visit for me, never been before)
I feel a bit ripped off...
Sonja

·
Registered
166 Posts
When you pick up the cream Tommorrow you should ask what could trigger the allergy. It's nice that they figured out what was wrong so quickly, it took all summer for the vet to figure out what was wrong with my dogs eyes!
Def ask for them to explain things to you if you're unsure about something

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I definitely agree on asking. Sometimes vets don't mention something unless you specifically ask. I could be wrong but I think if it recurs or doesn't go away, that's when they go in and find out what's bothering the eye. Or if you specifically ask them to test it. I think part of the reason why they don't test is because it could be just a one off irritant in the eye that goes away with the 1 prescribed dosing. So the testing wouldn't really be worth it, and its probably a bit expensive. Could also just depend on your vet, as to their coarse of actions.
When Sawyer had conjunctivitis they just told me that's what he had and gave us the cream, and told us to contact them if it didn't go away after a week (we had to switch to the drops because it was easier to get in his eye) and we went home.

Anyways, if you have any concerns or questions deffinitly ask your vet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts