Dog Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Yes, that's my Sophie Girl in "her" chair, which we no longer have- left it in Corvallis for Champ's bud Moe. I think Soph misses the papason (sp?); she loved nesting and wrestling in it. And with her is Levi, who is 16 this year- I can't believe how old he's getting!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Heres an Idea, put it around his neck and see how he likes it >=(. I dont care if they work when used appropriatly. They are cruel. They make collars that spray air instead of shock which doesnt hurt the dog like shock collars do.

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
It's not worth the argument on this board, but we've tested the levels of our e-collars, on hands, legs, and yes, even necks, and the levels we use aren't painful. Whether or not they are "cruelly" used is going to depend on whose hands the transmitter is in, and if one is prone to abusing this tool, one is probably capable of abusing the dog with other tools, as well, even with something as simple as a leash.

--No offense anyone! I like your methods of training and am mainly here to learn more about them. I would like to use more positive based methods for field dog training.... I guess there's not much else I'm going to say on the subject of e-collars = useful vs evil :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Heres an Idea, put it around his neck and see how he likes it >=(. I dont care if they work when used appropriatly. They are cruel. They make collars that spray air instead of shock which doesnt hurt the dog like shock collars do.
I hate the shock collars too, but sadly there are some dogs that ignore the air spray collars. It works at first, then the dog realizes its not hurting him at all and is more just an annoyance, and they go back to what they were doing before. In the hands of someone that knows how to use the collars properly and humanely, they're necessary tools for some dogs that ignore all other methods of training. Of course, those cases are sadly a very small amount of the number of times that they're used... Most times the shock collars are in the hands of completely clueless owners.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts