Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to this forum and I am thankful I found dog lovers such as myself.I have 5 doggies(4shihtzus and a schnauzer).My older Shihtzu Abby has glaucoma and at this point is totally blind and death.Friday I took her to the vet bcause for the past two weeks she just stays in bed.Well after a bunch of blood work we also found out she has renal failure.Vet said with eye drops for the eyes and a special diet we can prolong her life a little longer.My question is what quality of life is it for her(I have to carry her outside so she could poop and stuff,,when I leave her alone she just walks in circles.I am having a hard time deciding what to do,,can someone help me???

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Is she in pain? How severe is her renal failure. Does urinalysis show protein spill, or is it limited to the tubules? Does she show any enjoyment being around people or??? No one can really tell you what your decision should be, though the question I would ask is, am I keeping her alive for me or for her? Talk to your Vet get his or her advice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts