Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
My shihpoo kept biting and licking his one paw and crying for a few days. We took him to the vet but they didn’t find anything (thorns, injuries, etc.) that was 2 days ago. Have you had an experience like this? He’s so helpless and cries and I don’t know how to treat him when seemingly I don’t see anything wrong with his paw.

·
Super Moderator
4,453 Posts
There's clearly something going on even if the vet didn't find it, but without knowing whether it's a sting, or a bite, or a thorn, or a sprain, or something else it's hard to suggest much.

Sorry that isn't much help.

If you soak it in warm salty water it might draw out anything in there and I don't suppose it would do any harm if there isn't anything to be drawn?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's clearly something going on even if the vet didn't find it, but without knowing whether it's a sting, or a bite, or a thorn, or a sprain, or something else it's hard to suggest much.

Sorry that isn't much help.

If you soak it in warm salty water it might draw out anything in there and I don't suppose it would do any harm if there isn't anything to be drawn?
Thank you, regular eating salt is ok?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thank you, regular eating salt is ok?
Perhaps I misunderstood, but occasionally licking a paw that was dipped in salt water is fine, but ..generally salt is not good for dogs on a regular basis. Commercial dog food companies always add salt just as human food companies do, so plz use caution.

Did the vet do an x-ray?

As @JoanneF said, something IS going on and if not better in a couple of days, I would seek a second opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts