Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My dog has recently came up with some bright red irritated skin. In some places like his armpit, mouth, belly and legs there are yellowish scabs. He is itching nonstop and this has been going on for about a week and some change. Any ideas on what it could be? Or what I can do to relieve some of his irritation. :(
(Images attached to see his skin)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,639 Posts
The yellowish scabs found like infection, possibly where he has scratched.

It sounds like an allergic reaction, has anything changed in the last two weeks (food, cleaning products)? Although animals can suddenly become allergic to something that hasn't bothered them before so pinpointing it may not be that easy.

I'd ask your vet for an antihistamine, if it works you will know it is an allergy just not what he is allergic to - unless something does seem obvious, given what I said in the paragraph above.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It could be a sudden allergy or parasitic infection. Best way to understand it would be to take it to the vet. You can also find general allergy medications on online sites like Petcarerx or Chewy if you can be sure it is allergic reaction. That will provide temporary relief.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts