Dog Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today when I came home from work Tessa came running out my bedroom, slid on the laminate, and smacked into a wall leaving a dent. Yup, I said a dent. The whole thing was too hilarious to be mad at. She's fine, in fact she recovered rather quickly with only minor ego bruising. 15 minutes later, while I was sitting on the couch, she hit me in the face with a toy. I'm now nursing a bleeding lip :(

So let me ask you, how clumsy on a scale of 1 to 10 is your dog vs you? 1 being an agile ninja and 10 being a klutz. Tessa is a 9 and admittedly I'm probably right there with her lol:p.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Probably a full-on 10. I usually get a forehead in the eyeball or in the lip. Most commonly it's a paw in the cajones when I'm least expecting it, like when sitting on the couch. Just the other day we were on the floor playing and he's got his mouth open, snorting in excitement (Lab). That's when the tennis ball rolls under furniture and I bend down to get it; he smacks his open face/mouth into my head trying to get to the ball with me, resulting in teeth into my skull. Hurt like heck for a minute.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Surprisingly, about a 4.

He's very big and seems like he'd be clumsy, but he *thinks* he's super agile and somehow it always works out for him. Sometimes he even looks graceful!

Now, ask him to catch a ball and you'll not get very far. But he looks awesome jumping full force into the air!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
If I didn't have eyes to see them I'ld swear HaHa had feet the size of professional basketball player. I have been left with major bruising on my feet when he steps on them....which is almost daily.

He also loves to pack around this big brown bear...He can't see where he's going sometimes due to the way he picks it up...and to watch him go down the porch stairs is hilarious. He knows the stair is there somewhere so he 'high steps' front legs going way up and reaching then ...wam, wam wam....really fast down the stairs and into the yard... wagging his tail in triumph at getting down them....I dunno...maybe those big invisible part of his feet keep him from going ass-over-teakettle when going down those stairs...lol.

I would give him a clumsy rating of about 6.5 : ) He's also really good at knocking stuff off of things with his tail, and sliding around on the kitchen floor...while trying to walk in reverse...instead of turning around and getting out of my way.

Stormy

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
502 Posts
Reese is a 10. She misjudges every jump, slides and falls on the hardwood all the time, and just isn't agile at all lol.

Echo is probably a 5, simply because she's really enthusiastic and doesn't pay attention. She used to be so clumsy, but it's faded as she's gotten older.

Chess is a 1. She never falls, slips trips or anything. She can balance on super narrow things and make crazy leaps.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Tater is probably a 1 any time he isn't in our bed (there I would give him about a 6 cause he as fallen off 3 or 4 times)

Spud is about a 7.5. He would probably actually rank up around a 9-10 but I will give him a handicap for his bum legs. He accidentally flips himself over during his personal grooming.

Mister is usually quite conscious of his body and his surroundings. He is no ninja but I would give him a 3-4.

Rascal is probably about a 7-8, except when sneaking into my bed at night, then he is a 1. HA!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I guess to add to what I said earlier, Jack is clumsy around me, really. Otherwise, when he runs, jumps and tears through thick brush with amazing speed w/o disturbing the branches, he's pretty dang agile.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Asha is about a 9, she too has left a dent in one of the walls, while making the dent she broke the cartilage in one of her ears and she almost always manages to fall down the hill at our local park chasing her collie friend.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Roxie's a good 2. She's usually pretty good on her feet, and if she slips she can recover herself pretty gracefully. I feel like her skills have gotten better since she started agility as well.

Forbes is a 9. On a good day. He comes out of his crate when I get home, barrels down the hallway, tries to turn in the kitchen, slips and all 4 feet come out from under him. He jumps on the bed and manages to step on both my husband and I, usually where vital organs are (my stomach, dads you know). He's slammed me in the face with his head more times then I can count.

Me, I'm a good 7. About a year ago I busted my head open walking down my driveway in the rain. I feel like I make a mess whenever I cook, and I am constantly knocking stuff over.

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Kasper - 9. He is a big heavy-footed oaf who runs first and thinks later. If I open the bedroom door to let him downstairs in the morning he barges every one and thing out the way (including Zoey and anything that's balanced on the stairs). If I open the kitchen door before I've had chance to open the back door he will whizz through and splat into it. When he's playing with Zoey he likes to think he's graceful, but he will misjudge a jump onto the couch and just land on me instead...big oaf :eyeroll:

Zoey - 2. She has a few moments where she will bang into things, but on the whole she's very graceful and aware of her surroundings.

Raiden - 4. He's just a little guy so could change as he grows, but at the moment he's fallen from / down things...as well as falling over his own feet. Still pretty agile overall though.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Heidi is probably a 4, which is pretty good for a puppy. Except for the accidental stumble where Levi is involved, she is amazingly agile. I have no doubt she's going to be an agility superstar.

Levi, oh Levi. He is the worst. Falls up stairs, down stairs, slips on grass, forgets how high the bed is, sits on your face, punches you in sensitive regions. I love him, but he is SO clumsy. Agility should be a real treat.

I'm probably a 3. I'm pretty light on my feet, and if I slip on ice (Hello Canada), I always recover. My (as of 4 days!) husband is always very impressed by my recovery skills.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Sawyer is about a 6. When we through toys in house he slides on the floor going after them. If he's excited and jumps on the bed and im already in it, he always ends up landing on top of me then proceads to step on me. He also smashes me in the face quite often. And if he's gets a little over excited and jumps on you, if your not looking he has been known to nail you in the stomach. He's usually most clumsy when exited or going after a toy, but other then that he's relatively agile.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Ella is a 10.

Yesterday when I was working behind the computer, she jumped on me and scratched her paw over my face ... her (thankfully very short) nails scraped my (thankfully closed) eye.

Later in the evening we had off-leash walk in wilderness and she zoomed around the fields and smashed into a ditch wall/edge with a thud (grass was long and she didnt see the ditch). She limped for 3 seconds and tried to look like all was well. This happens quite often.

She is just too big and her legs are too damn long and probably extend too damn far from her brain ... :p

It`s interesting to watch different dogs move. My landlords` dog J (GSD mix) is a 1 on this scale. Just so agile and smooth and powerfully in control when in motion.

I`m a 3 I think. Or 4.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I forgot to mention my own klutz level.

Walking...got that down pat (for the most part) I haven't fallen in almost a decade, which is good, considering my part of Idaho seems to be under ice most of the time. But it was a doozy of a fall...I got distracted didn't realize I was standing so close to the edge of the step and timbered sideways off my front stoop step.

My car is parked right there, so, of course, I hit the front bumper with my face and left shoulder. Then hit a fist sized rock with my hip. My foot twisted as I was falling putting weight on my little toe and I broke it. The nail now kind of faces to the left instead of straight up. :p When I first got up, I thought I had broken my left knee cap too...but that pain went away after about 6 hours and that's when I realized how bad my toe and my hip hurt. I had a dinner plate sized bruise on my hip back area where I slammed into that rock and a black eye where I hit the car. But at least no hospital bill :thumbsup: Wore sunglasses a time to hide the bruise on my face :cool:

Usually, I'm very careful on my feet, because I've had back surgery in the past and the last thing I ever want to do is like slip on ice and land on my butt...and have the impact travel up into my back. Makes me shutter just to think about it happening.

Hands... total kluztville. I drop stuff...I've weak fingers due to an injury on my right hand back in the 1980's plus carpel tunnel surgery that came about a decade after it probably should have been taken care of. A few weeks ago I grabbed a full tea kettle of boiling water..and it just slipped from my hands...and hit it the floor with the lid coming off... I was bare foot, of course. :rolleyes: Splashed hot water hit my pant leg...so I 'dance' back onto a kitchen rug...pulling at my pant leg to get it away from my skin...and that sudden movement sent a huge shock wave of pain into my bad leg and back.

So.. Feet and Legs.. Klutz's Level 2
Hands.... Klutz's Level 8
And to make myself feel better I'm going to average the two and give my self a total of 5...LOL which makes me a little less clumsy than HaHa.

------
Stormy

Reactions: jclark343
1 - 14 of 14 Posts