Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are urgently seeking a supply of Inceptor in an effort to save our Sheltie's life. She is suffering from Dermodex mites. The only viable course of treatment for her is 8 weeks of Inceptor treatments. The company that makes Inceptor stopped production seven months ago. This is her only hope. If you know of anyone who has Inceptor for sale, please post a response asap. Our vet will give us a prescription if we can find it. Please help us save our sweet girl. Thank you.

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
Hi! our houla had sarcoptic and demodex. She is on Revolution which is working VERY well. Also, the vet gave her a skin salve and put her on Wellactin fish oil to build her immune system. Would Revolution work for her???? Try to be sure she doesn't get stressed out as that causes flares. Oh. she also has a medicated ant fungal antibiotic shampoo that is left on for 10 minutes...it really eases the skin condition!!!! Believe me, our Addy was a real mess and is now doing well, but still battles with demodex..

Can you use a different prescription??? Maybe post under health for input from professionals....

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Is your Vet wanting to only give her interceptor.because of the MDR1 gene? If thats not the case here there are other alternatives like pkelley mentioned.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is 11 years old. We have been using the Malaseb shampoo from our vet, as well as treating her with Panolog ointment. The infestation is spreading daily. We are at our wits end ...

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Have you tried nu-stock or goodwinol ointment? I don't think it would take the place of Rx vet meds but it would at least ease her discomfort and maybe stop the spreading. You can use it WITH the meds too once you find them. Try the goodwinol. I have the nu-stock and it is flaky and separates a bit in the tube. Pkelley (I believe) has tried the goodwinol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We are urgently seeking a supply of Inceptor in an effort to save our Sheltie's life. She is suffering from Dermodex mites. The only viable course of treatment for her is 8 weeks of Inceptor treatments. The company that makes Inceptor stopped production seven months ago. This is her only hope. If you know of anyone who has Inceptor for sale, please post a response asap. Our vet will give us a prescription if we can find it. Please help us save our sweet girl. Thank you.
Poor baby! :eek: I don't post in this forum very often at all, but I'm pretty good at research. I have located some sources for Interceptor Spectrum that adds an ingredient for tapeworms.

I do not vouch for the following sites because I have never purchased from them, but I do know that desperate times call for desperate measures, so I found a few sites (probably overseas ?) and will list them here. :ponder:

Interceptor Spectrum | Interceptor Spectrum Chews for Dogs Online $26.95

Buy Interceptor for Dogs Without Prescription | No Rx | Cheap Online

Interceptor Spectrum

I know this is a shot in the dark...but I hope you find what you need.
Puppy kisses to your furry baby...

Cathi

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
Yes, the salve is so soothing to the dog!!! Stops the irritable scratching, Addy loves having it put on her, especially on her muzzle area (which our other houla, Nurse Chloe, keeps licking!!!) Darn it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for looking. Hanna would need a daily dose of Inceptor for eight weeks (so says the vet). We cannot use the Inceptor Spectrum because it has a second ingredient that is not safe for daily dosing. Our only hope seems to be the manufacturer starting production soon. Thanks again.

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
That's a tough call. Have you had her MDR tested? If you do that and she's negative, you can use the Ivermectin like normal. That may be your best option at this point.

I assume your vet has checked for underlying conditions since she's 11 yo and has Demodex... ?

·
Registered
636 Posts
What about using ProMeris? Willow also had Demodex Mange, we tried a few different medications before ProMeris but she either got sick from the meds or they were to expensive... ProMeris worked fantastic!! It only took 1 application on the skin every other week for I think it was for 3 months. Looking at her now you would have never known she had mange :).
I also had to watch what was given to her medication wise because she is a BC mix, so I know what your going through.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts