Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For owners of any of the following breeds, which sheds the least?

- Pekingese
- Japanese Chin
- Tibetan Spaniel

* I have a small apartment, and am happy to brush the dog daily. :D

However, I do not want my entire apartment to be constantly covered with fur...

thoughts?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I doubt there is any difference between these three related breeds in terms of shedding, except the bigger the dog the more airs it will have to shed.

All three are known to be moderate to heavy shedders. Where they fall on that list is more related to the individual dog's diet and parentage than on breed.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I think, this is a guess, but the peke has a very heavy and profuse double coat. Which would shed heavily. I think the chin has only a single coat like the papillon. Not sure about the tibetan spaniel.

If your only concern is the cleaning I would bet on the chin although still there are going to be hairs on your lap after cuddles and extra vaccuuming regardless. If you have allergies then it becomes more complicated.

Reactions: LunaLee

·
Super Moderator
3,840 Posts
I have a Pekingese - Shih Tzu mix and he actually doesn't shed that much. :)

You've chosen three very similar companion breeds, which will do well fitting into apartment life. I think your main focus now will be to find a top-notch breeder or breed-rescue group.

Do you, by chance, live in or near Southern California? If so, I can recommend two terrific Peke rescues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Pekingese - Shih Tzu mix and he actually doesn't shed that much. :)

You've chosen three very similar companion breeds, which will do well fitting into apartment life. I think your main focus now will be to find a top-notch breeder or breed-rescue group.

Do you, by chance, live in or near Southern California? If so, I can recommend two terrific Peke rescues.

Thank you very much for the thought. Unfortunately I live in the Midwest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.