Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a short haired Pitbull mix and she sheds horribly! I have to sweep every day otherwise my whole house is covered in dog hair worse then when I had TWO long haired dogs. I scrub/rinse (no shampoo so I don't dry her skin out) once a week and actually bathe her once a month. I've thought about using the shed control shampoo but does it actually work? Or anything others do that would help?

·
Registered
151 Posts
What are you feeding her?

I find my fur balls don't shed nearly as much when they're on a good food. I have Toby, a long haired cat, and 3 other short haired cats and they don't shed nearly as much as one would expect.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's on 4health which has helped a lot with her allergies but haven't noticed her shedding more or less since she started.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Try using one of those dog curry combs (I'm not sure what they're actually called but that's what we call them for horses) meant to help shed shorthaired dogs every day. They're little rubber things that fit in the palm of your hand w thick rubber teeth. Mine has helped my dog's shedding. A shed control shampoo probably wouldn't hurt either, though I'm not sure how well they work.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.