Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by a dog enthusaist that she could have mallionois blood.Breed opinion?

·
Registered
687 Posts
She looks mostly if not all pit bull to me. I don't know if there are Greek shepherds in your area or not. If they are common where you live, then that may be a possibility. It wouldn't be a possibility here, because you just don't see that breed here and certainly there aren't any that are making mixed breed dogs. Pit bulls come in a lot of different styles, because the term is kind of an umbrella term used to cover a few different actual breeds. With a dog who looks full or mostly pit, it's pretty hard to determine what else may be in the mix. Might be fun for you to do a DNA panel on her.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Looks like a mix of pit and something else to me, but I can't take a guess because i'm awful at that. The eyes don't look all pit to me. All I know is when it comes to a mix, there's no guarantee which genes the pup will take on, how big it will grow, type of coat, personality ect. So I guess it's possible she is mixed with a larger breed, but maxed out at a shorter height.

She is gorgeous nonetheless!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She looks mostly if not all pit bull to me. I don't know if there are Greek shepherds in your area or not. If they are common where you live, then that may be a possibility. It wouldn't be a possibility here, because you just don't see that breed here and certainly there aren't any that are making mixed breed dogs. Pit bulls come in a lot of different styles, because the term is kind of an umbrella term used to cover a few different actual breeds. With a dog who looks full or mostly pit, it's pretty hard to determine what else may be in the mix. Might be fun for you to do a DNA panel on her.
We lived in Greece so yes it is possible she can have Greek shepherd blood

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a mix of pit and something else to me, but I can't take a guess because i'm awful at that. The eyes don't look all pit to me. All I know is when it comes to a mix, there's no guarantee which genes the pup will take on, how big it will grow, type of coat, personality ect. So I guess it's possible she is mixed with a larger breed, but maxed out at a shorter height.

She got that pit peronality ... Reactive to other dogs listens only to my motjer and van be pretty stuborn.Put yes it seems like she got the 90% pit genes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanksss

1 - 7 of 7 Posts