Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
H! So nice to have found these forums.

I adopted a 5 month old hound mix in Dec. She is now just over 7 months. She was a rescue from Ga. brought down to the Tampa Humane Society with her 2 siblings who were adopted out as well.

She was almost every type of worm positive except Lung and heart, she was treated before adoption and after and I am happy to say she is parasite free finally and has put on some much needed weight.:)

She is for the most part a happy dog. Follows her nose so leash training took longer than most pups. She is not perfect, but learning well. If only the birds, squirrels, ducks and other dogs would stop distracting her on her walks. :dog-wink:

She has a few commands down pat, sit, stay, down, drop and leave it. Mostly selective at this point. She is stubborn, working on come, but she is having no part of it as of now.
Her nipping was out of control up until about 3 weeks ago, broke skin twice playing ball, but immediately stopped and had that OMG what did I do look.
Because she had to be crated and confined so much the first month I had her due to parasites ( i have 2 kids under 10) she was not socialized as much as she should have been and I am pretty sure this is why she was nipping so bad.

She is not a cuddly kind of dog, but she loves to pet and have belly rubs. She does not like to be disturbed when falling asleep and will make a growling noise but not show teeth or quick nips, more like a here is a warning. She has her crate/den for sleeping so when the kids are home I have her lay down in her house jut in case they bother her.

She loves the car and going for rides,I take her for 4-5 walks a day, we live in apartment but have 40 acres of grassy areas, even a couple of lakes, so she gets lots of stimulation and exercise. We have a small dog park but because of her parasite issue I have only just started taking her into it. No other dogs there ever, but she has freedom to run and play ball.
She has/had a very sensitive tummy from all the worm meds, you name it she tried it. As well as meds for being anemic and of course antibiotics here and there. I was not prepared for the 1st month of nastiness but we pulled through it. She loves bully sticks and pig ears, but I limit them and supervise due to her tummy issues. I have become a doggie stool expert, not by choice...

So, with all that said here are some pictures.

What do you guys think? I know it is hard to figure out. I have been told she looks like a Beagle, Foxhound, Treeing Walker, etc.. mix...

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Treeing walker x Beagle? I don't know how common Foxhounds are where you live, but they are very rare here. The profile of her head looks very sighthound-ish, but it may be that she's just poorly bred.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is turning into a really good dog. No matter what kinda hound mix..I ♡ her.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 5 of 5 Posts