Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to start a thread about some of the funniest moments youve have with your dog.

My funny moment is more with my horse too, but I was standing at my barn and my dog winnie goes to the barn with me alot and I was talking to someone and winnie had her tennis ball with her. She was getting really irritated with me because I wouldn't throw her ball for her so she put her ball right by my horses hoof and acted like she wanted my horse to kick it for her. For the longest time she just sat there and kept looking at her ball and then looking up at my horse it was soooo hilarious.

Do you have any moments to share???

·
Registered
6 Posts
When Maggie was like a year old, I had fallen asleep on the couch and she got up on my chest and went to sleep, it was so adorable, I have a pic but I am not sure were, but she kept me warm! Ihave two horses! I have tons of funny horse moments! but this is a dog forum, lol, I will save that for the horse forum:) How long have you been riding?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good idea to share some funny stories! One of my best stories is when my husband and I first started dating.

My Maltese was just about 1 yr old. He was very protective of me and a little jealous of the new guy he had recently seen around the house. I would guess that my date & I had been going out for about a month. On this particular night out, we had dropped back by the house to get something. I disappeared back to my room and when I returned my precious Maltese was perched on my date's lap.

Sounds sweet?

In a split second I knew there was about to be trouble. My male Maltese suddenly changed posture, and right there on my date's lap, he marked him! My first thought - this guy will never go out with me again! I could not have been more embarrassed!Fortunately, my date had a sense of humor and we continued our plans for the night (after a change of clothes of course ;).

My "date" and I have been married for 11 years now, and we still give a little of the credit to my sweet Maltese. In hindsight, we believe he was just showing me the best pick of the guys I had dated. He was right!

·
Registered
20 Posts
We have an 8 mo. old red heeler puppy and he is so funny because he's always trying to figure out what his "job" is. My stories are horse related also! When I'm unloading hay from the back of the truck, he leaps on the bales of hay and starts tugging on them like he's "helping." I was cleaning my horse trailer and dragging out the mats. As I'm dragging the mats, he's catching a ride, surfing on them and eating the road apples..... "helping" once again!

My sister's dog is a real crack-up, kind of a space case. Once we were in someone else's backyard checking out their pool. The dog was whizzing around the yard and suddenly he was suspended in mid-air over the hot tub, then splash, in he went! He swam to the edge that separates the pool and the hot tub to scramble up, only to fall into the pool from there! We were all laughing so hard, then realized we better save the dog!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Focused Black Lab

This happened with my daughter's black lab. He has total focus....on tennis balls.
Her hubby was at the park, using the chuckit to throw the ball for Strider. A man came along with his two Besingi(sp?) and said his dogs tended to attack other dogs, so 'keep your dog away'. As they continued on their walk, one Besingi evaded his leash and raced up to Strider as Bob chucked. Strider raced after the ball, right through the other dog. The B. was just picking himself up as Strider raced back through him again. The Basingi picked himself up, :dog-crazy: went back to his owner and has never even glanced at Strider on subsequent walks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don't even know which stories to share! My Dobe, Ruby, is always making me laugh!

Yesterday she had her head underneath my bed just laying there whining ever once in a while and when I looked there was her volleyball underneath the bed.

Or when I'm at my computer, she sticks her head under my hand when I'm trying to type.

It's really the little things I cherish with my dog that make me laugh the most.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have many to share as well. With seven dogs the funny stuff seems to happen on a hourly basis!

How about.....Emmiitt. He is very smart at the computer stuff. He sits on my lap when Im on the laptop and watches as I type. He licks my fingers as Im typing! Talk about typos..or are they lick-o's?

Then, Fred has a ritaul. After he goes potty, he scrapes the groung and goes around in a circle making little doggie dougnuts. Then....he bunny hops. It is so funny.

Gracie...what can I say? She lives for poptarts. She knows the sound of the foil wrapper being opened. Then listens for the toaster to pop. She races out and stands in front of the toaster and stands on her hind legs, paddling the air, gruting for poptarts....*sigh*

·
Registered
135 Posts
What great stories! They do have a way of entertaining us don't they? It's no different with Opal and Jasper, those two are always making me laugh! This isn't exactly a story, but one the the things about Jasper that always brings me a smile are the positions he sits in. Here's an example of one of his favorites; he straddles the arm like he's riding a horse:

jasper '08 002.jpg

·
Registered
303 Posts
OMG! That is too funny! I hope that the little Buckeroo doesn't get tossed off the chair! I've heard that chair riding can be way more dangerous then riding those machanical bulls!!!..lol..hehehehe

·
Registered
135 Posts
LOL GG! The chair does swivel so sometimes he'll be sitting like that while it's spinning around. He has never fallen off, though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts