Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought we could have a thread for making blankets, pillows, and other items. A few of us were talking about making things in the You Know what we Need thread. I will soon be working on fleece jackets for Molly and Rookie. I do not knit or crochet but I have a hat loom that I can make winter hats and dog snoods on. I really LOVE afghan blankets as well and have several of those, but I have never made any.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I mostly crochet, I've made two snood, a practice doily, a stuffed animal thingy for a baby, a orange cat doily for my mother and I am working on pillow cases.

The White snood is sort of my design, its a collection of different patterns tweaked and combined the other things are from patterns but usually a little tweaked.

The pillow cases (picture to follow when completed) are my design sort of, its extremely simplistic one just solid granny squares combined in a single crochet joining. I tried to do some puff stitches and stuff but the yarn is mutli-coloured and it seemed to look the best in a simplistic, chunky design.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I crochet, but stick to lap blankets. I tend to start and stop projects and my current project I've been crocheting on for the past 2 or 3 years. I'm also hoping to start sewing if for no other reason then I want to try making Zody harnesses since I'm tired of wasting money on ones he can't wear or seems to hate.

Here's some crochet projects that I've completed.

Lap blankets

hat but it was way oversized!

I've done a table runner but didn't take any pictures before giving it away, and I've made a few more of the blankets but gave them away before taking pictures.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I knit and I'm interested in learning quilting. I don't have any pictures of my work but I'll take some soon.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I'm going to attempt to make a quilt out of bandannas that I bought. Yeah... I'm sort of a weirdo, I buy bandannas to sew them together instead of wearing them... But I'm making my mommy help me because I have little experience with sewing.

I have crocheted a couple of blankets... But I've never saved pictures of the finished product. :/

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I knit. I made a few scarves and then I knit teddy bears for each of my family members for Christmas last year. They ended up pretty cool. I'm still learning, but the nice thing about knitting is that as long as you know a few basic things you can do it, and learn even more along the way.

I'd like to learn to crochet, so I'll have to check out that link @Fennel

And I'd really love to learn to quilt. I plan to buy some books and have my mother help me when she has more time. Both of my grandmothers made quilts so while my mother has never made one she has a better grasp of it than I do, plus she knows how to sew. I mend but to me that's not as much of an art form as actual sewing is. I've seen quilts at the state fair, so now I have dreams of quilt with embroidered poppies on it - we'll see if that dream becomes a reality :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going to attempt to make a duvet out of bandannas that I sold. Yeah... I'm type of a weirdo, I purchase bandannas to sew them together as opposed to sporting them and also going to buy embroidery machine after read the reviews.... But I'm making my mommy assist me because I have little experience with sewing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts