Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a new member, I registered hoping to find some opinions on my dog's problem...
I have a female dog, around 12 years old. She is living in the yard of a house, an area of about 1000 square meters. For weeks now she has swolled third lid, it is covering most of the eye now and the dog doesnt see below, where she steps. She didn't seem to have any injury that caused this (the problem is the same in both eyes). She didn't lose appetite and she is active like before. She doesn't feel itchy (doesn't try to scratch eyes). All this time I have been to the vets, tried 2 eye drops and 1 ointment (I don't remember names right now, I can write them later if needed), there was no improvement. Now, a specialized eye doctor proposes biopsy, costing 300€ which is very expensive for me (1/3 of my salary), and then there is the cost of the treatment...
So, I am trying to get some opinions from the internet hoping that someone can easily recognize the problem and guide me to a possibly less costly solution.
Please see the photos and tell me what you think. The photos were taken by the eye doctor, I can take better photos sometime later (The dog doesn't live with me now, I have to go visit her)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
I'm very sorry your dog is experiencing this problem. It would be irresponsible for anyone to try and give you a diagnosis based on pictures and descriptions or to recommend a home remedy that might be a detrimental rather than helpful. I hope you can find a way to afford the biopsy and any treatment plan recommended.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts