1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good morning all,
im a newbie here my name is Peter,

my little babies name is candie,
shes a 11 year old shihtzu, shes a seizure dog, shes been having seizures since she was 5 years old, she is currently been on phenobarb and thyroxzine for thyroid,she also takes denamarin as a liver supplement.

ive been having some issues with her the past couple weeks and they seem to be getting worse,

she will just walk into walls,get stuck in furniture howl at night when sleeping, and when she does lay down to go to sleep she curls up into a ball and shes so stiff when I pick her up, its like I cant move her head straight,so I took her to the vet they did examine her and did full blood work, everything came back thank god normally, the vet says he cant determine whats wrong??? I thought was a dumb answer from the vet, obviously its a neurological issue?? or CCD?
I was told to try a product called senilife, I ordered it but it hasn't come yet, can anyone help me with this issue? has anyone been through this before?
shes just not the same lovable girl she used to be? I want her back!!!
please help
Peter

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don't think there are any veterinarians on the board. I can't personally help you other than to strongly recommend taking the dog to see a vet.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Maybe take her to a neurologist, since the problem seems to be neurological. You don't say where you live, but in the area I live there are specialty Veterinarian centers. I'm not a Vet, and you really need to have her medically worked up by the right Vet, but you may be looking at the possibility that she has had a stoke. Again you need a Vet to do the workup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts