Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All I am very curious about what the public view is on the following subject: PERMANENTLY REMOVING momma dogs from pups. Will you PLEASE participate in my amateur poll below?

Based on your knowledge and/or opinion.....
1.) At what age do you consider permanently removing a momma dog from her pups reasonable and/or acceptable?
2.) At what age do you consider permanently removing a pup from its littermates reasonable and/or acceptable?

Please initially reply with only a number of ? weeks or ? months. However, If you wish to comment on your response please do so below the numbers you feel or know are best.

Also, I need you to know that it is my intention to submit the answers I get to this poll, strictly for informational purposes ONLY, to the Board of Directors for a rescue to which I belong as this is currently a hot topic issue among us.
I do so hope you will voice your thoughts here and I Thank You So Very Much!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the rescue to which I belong, it is common practice to remove the momma's from the pups at approx. 6 weeks though it has been done sooner. This while these momma's are still heavy with milk. I've taken issue with this and been told that
"Clearly you know nothing about puppies or animal behavior" by the woman behind these decisions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.