Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I am new here! I received a beagle mix from a rescue who goes to mexico to do their rescuing. He was approximately 2 months old when we got him. He has an extremely sensitive stomach, i mean extreme! He eats his poop sometimes even right after he goes OUTSIDE and almost always when he has an accident inside. I have read that he may do it inside to clean up his mistake, but he will do it outside as well...and he is not unsupervised when he goes he just turns right around and grabs it before I have the chance to pick it up. My boyfriend and I have tried the over the counter pills which only seemed to give him diarrhea and pineapple which again has made it soft. Does this seem normal? Our vet has had us do canned pumpkin for diarrhea...I have read this could be another option to keep him from eating his feces. Does this sound right? We originally had him on blue buffalo but had constant diarrhea, we switched him over to natural choice (unfortunately) and for a month his stool was absolutely normal, so we dont think its the food... but maybe he is missing a key ingredient. Thanks for taking the time to read and answer!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dont know how to delete this post but I actually am able to give my dog pineapple..whatever was in his system was just finishing getting out so he is good to go

1 - 2 of 2 Posts