Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
each time I explain to people on the street that Griff is a senior dog and I just adopted him, they say "oh bless your heart" which is so sweet but I gotta tell ya, senior dogs are the way to go..they are so calm and got that excitement out of their system and you get to provide a home for an old dog for the last 5-7 years of their life. Don't turn away because they are a senior, they need a home to live out the remaining days and they will love you so perfectly for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hurray for senior dogs! I adopted my senior dog in mid-June and love him so much. It's not been easy as pie, but I knew it wouldn't be so that's OK. The important thing, to me, is that I am giving this loving, lovable dog a home. I wanted a senior dog for all the reasons you mentioned, and I am so glad I did. He is a blessing.

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
I completely adore my senior Pekingese-Shih Tzu mix I adopted a year and a half ago. He's a very content, happy-go-lucky, well-adjusted dog. He's probably about ten years old now, and he captured my heart at the shelter. I'll never regret adopting him. Senior dogs can be so special, and yet they are so often overlooked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.