Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 15 year old dog,Sally's back legs are very stiff,and she is quite wobbly when she walks.She has hip and lower back problems,and cancer,arthritis,some fatty tumors,and she has cataracts. She hasn't eaten today either.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fluffy Sally, i'm so sorry to hear that about your best friend... I can't imagine how difficult it must be to go though that. I don't even know what to say! :( i have few pets, and love them so much... what kind of a breed is Sally?

·
Registered
455 Posts
That tends to happen as dogs get older. It's rough for sure, I'm so sorry you're going through that right now. Is she on a joint supplement? She should be. An MSM/chondroitin supplement would be good, it can make a difference.
I'm sure you don't want to think about it, but when she passes will you be getting another dog? It would probably be good for you to have a fluffy friend.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fluffy Sally, i'm so sorry to hear that about your best friend... I can't imagine how difficult it must be to go though that. I don't even know what to say! :( i have few pets, and love them so much... what kind of a breed is Sally?
Golden retriever husky mix.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Man, so sorry! Is there some medication or ANYTHING your vet can help you do to help at all?? (Making it easier on the dog is where I'm going)

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want another,but i'll have to convince my parents to let me rescue one from a local shelter.
That tends to happen as dogs get older. It's rough for sure, I'm so sorry you're going through that right now. Is she on a joint supplement? She should be. An MSM/chondroitin supplement would be good, it can make a difference.
I'm sure you don't want to think about it, but when she passes will you be getting another dog? It would probably be good for you to have a fluffy friend.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
455 Posts
^ that's good, hopefully they'll be swayed. Seriously look into or tell your parents to look into an MSM/chondroitin joint supplement too, it will probably help Sally.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
My 15 year old dog,Sally's back legs are very stiff,and she is quite wobbly when she walks.She has hip and lower back problems,and cancer,arthritis,some fatty tumors,and she has cataracts. She hasn't eaten today either.
I used this on my hound with great results. He had a limp from arthritis and had trouble getting up because his legs seemed week. Now he does not have that problem after a few weeks on the green mussel. You can get it like this
SUPER SNOUTS … Serious pet supplements with a silly name!
or like this
Swanson Premium New Zealand Green Lipped Mussel, Freeze Dried 500 mg 60 Caps - Swanson Health Products
I got the dosage off the other site and use the human formula. Read the clinical trials on the snout site. They were very impressive and that is why I tried it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts