Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog is about 13, and we've been having a few things come up. He is needing/wanting to go out every 2-4 hours when he normally can wait 4-8 or until we force him to go out because he's just a lazy lump some days. Most of the time he just pees and wanders around. I recently(about 2 weeks) changed his food(slowly) because it was all the stores had at the time due to the virus hoarding issues. He switched from Purina One senior to Iams healthy weight. I didn't seem to notice much of a difference beside he doesn't poop as much which I've always seen as a good thing(he's getting more of what he needs from the food rather than mostly filler which causes more poop). My husband has noticed he seems to be drinking more water than normal and playing a bit less than usual. Maybe his new food is making him nauseous or just upset to the tummy? I'm not too worried about him having a serious medical problem. Maybe it's just the food? Him just getting older?I am in the process of moving, so the house is tore up and kind of stressful so maybe that's it? Just asking to see if anyone has had anything similar.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The excessive drinking and peeing could be a sign of diabetes. You should have your Vet check him out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts