Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So around midnight last night we were at the park which surrounds the neighborhood train station and Simba was off exploring. By exploring I mean sniffing all the places other dogs had peed. Which is gross and, if he weren't vaccinated, dangerous. I've told him off in the past but I had kind of given up on it as a lost cause.

Turns out that the solution had nothing to do with me. I was reading DF on my cell phone waiting for leia to go pipi when I hear a very un macho sounding shriek and turn in in time to simba jump about 3 feet vertically in the air before running as fast as he could away from a light post while simultaneously wrapping his tail so far between his legs that he could have tucked it in his collar.

I went over to check it out to see what might have happened. Everything looked fine but on a hunch I dropped my keys on the base of the post. Sure enough. BOOM! Big flash and the keys went flying.

While the upshot is that I don't think Simba will be peeing on light posts anytime soon the truth is it could have been a lot worse and I'm thankful nothing serious happened to him.

Keep your dogs safe, keep them away from electric connections, you never know if some chipmunk has taken off all the insulation.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,820 Posts
Wow!!! I'm glad Simba was not badly hurt or killed, sounds like it really hurt him but not enough to cause injury.

Did you alert the electric company?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called the city government and reported it yesterday morning first thing.

I think almost all cases cases low voltage (220v) electric shocks either kill you or don't really cause lasting injuries. I'm definitely glad it didn't stop his heart. I'm going to be hyper vigilant now about where he is rummaging around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
500 Posts
I and some people were puzzled why some dogs jumped after trying to sniff one lamp post in a park and some were scared of it. Later we found out that the weird device attached to the post around eye level was some sort of weather observation station and people who put it there did not want dogs to disturb it so they had equipped it with ultrasonic repellant.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top