Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 4 year old Rupert had a seizure last night - lasted over 5 minutes - very scary - he was drooling a lot for nearly an hour --we rushed him to the vet - she gave him a blood test - she rang with the results today - no toxins - high red cell count and dehydrated - has anyone experience this ?

·
Super Moderator
626 Posts
No, sorry. But I do know some dogs have one episode and it never happens again, hopefully Rupert will be the same. To help him hydrate, if she thinks that might have been a contributing factor, you can boil chicken or even vegetables and add the cooled water to his water bowl, or add a little goats milk. You can also mix water into his food or encourage him to eat high fluid foods like watermelon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did mix some water into his food tonight as the vet suggested this - but he only half of it - I will get some chicken tomorrow and try boiling it - and some watermelon thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do you use vet recommended flea and tick formulas like frontline? One of my dogs had seizures from using this product. Read the side effects of any products you give you dog.

if you notice your dog has more I highly encourage looking into CBD oils. I’ve read up on lots of CBD studies (botany major) and find that in tons of studies over 80% of dogs have no seizures once using CBD oil.

Im so sorry you had to go through this. But I’d add goats milk, bone broth, and or even water into your dogs dish. This will help with rehydration.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no frontline - I use nexgard spectra- I have used it for years with no problem - thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts