Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My less than 2 pup is spayed. She has been having episodes of shaking where she seems to be taken back or taken over by the movement. It always correlates with intense interest / licking of her vula. Any ideas or experience with this sort of behavior?

·
Banned
1,885 Posts
Vet, vet, vet, ASAP

None whatsoever. // Has she been seen by a vet? - if not, that's #1 task.
Also, most Fs don't indulge in "intense licking" w/o a UTI - or estrus.

- terry

PS -
i suspect this is likely a troll post - but on the off chance that it's legit, i'm responding politely.
We can all hope so, anyway. ;)

·
Banned
1,885 Posts
A-huh.

Yes I showed vet the video.
They gave me a container to put her pee in, told me to catch it with a big spoon but I have not been successful yet.

A big SPOON? :ponder: Pull the other leg, why don'cha? :p

If the vet needs a urine specimen, *They* can get it - if absolutely needed, they can take an occult sample.
Good luck. :)

- terry

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Our Vet has never asked us to collect a urine sample, but if he needs it, his Vet Assistant gets it, which has happened several times.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I've been thinking with the spoon also a-huh. You saw the spoon she had in your video my girl won't let me get near, that plastic tray looks much easier.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah our vet assistant offered to get it but my dog doesn't really pee in the city she likes the woods. Normally holds it till we get home.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not usually in side this much but I just saw her do it for the second time today just not so aggressive with the shaking.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well... I often have to ask my clients to collect and bring in a urine sample, as it happens quite frequently that the dog just won't go for us to get a free catch, and/ or has a bladder that is too small for a cysto. It would seem pretty common sense that if you are bringing you pet in for a urinary issue we will need to collect a sample for UA, but apparently this is not obvious to the average client as we often get 'Oh he just peed outside' ��. A soup ladle is what we use for collection at the clinic...works quite nicely for all but the most extreme 'low riders' :).
To the OP, I agree a urinalysis would be a good place to start. I don't believe this to be seizure activity based on your video, but rather intense itching/discomfort. Consult with your vet again for a diagnosis. If you are having trouble collecting the sample at home perhaps you can bring her to the vet clinic when you know she has a full bladder (don't let her pee for 4+ hrs prior to the visit) so they can get a good sample via cystocentesis.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the input very useful! If i can't get a sample soon I'll keep her inside in morning and head straight for the truck giving the vet a heads up I'm on my way!
[flash=]https://youtu.be/Oz9Hr75ohKY[/flash]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts