Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just joined. As a former dog owner, this is a great site to learn more about mans best friend. Currently I get to enjoy my roomates yellow lab for walks and throwing the ball during my days off. Mikah is a bit older but still loves playing outside. I have been putting nussentials pet restore in her food when I can and the results have been hilarious. Mikah has had more energy and I haven't said a thing yet to my roomate. Ill see how the rest of the bottle goes. Enjoy the day everyone and take care

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
You sound like a nice person, but to be honest, I would be pretty upset if someone was secretly giving my dog something I did not know about. Supplements are nothing to fool around with. What you see as increased energy may actually not be a good thing. Biology is complicated.

I hope you stop doing this. It's just not right. Think of it this way. Would you give someone's child some sort of super supplement in secret? It's just not OK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear Tess,
Thank you for writing and helping me realize the magnitude of what I was doing as I never thought of it that way. I have since told my room mate. The initial feedback was negative but after reading the ingredients and checking it with her vet she was ok with it. I know that it does not condone what I did but thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Enjoy your day!

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Dear Tess,
Thank you for writing and helping me realize the magnitude of what I was doing as I never thought of it that way. I have since told my room mate. The initial feedback was negative but after reading the ingredients and checking it with her vet she was ok with it. I know that it does not condone what I did but thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Enjoy your day!
I have to say, I am REALLY impressed with you... with your integrity to own up to your roommate, and with your humility to post this reply.

Glad it has all worked out so well :)

Reactions: KodaKeet

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes the nussentials product you mention is a good one (i market it among others) but tess was certainly correct, one should never give someone elses animal (or another person) something that could have unknown interactions. And any time a supplement is going to be added, you need to make sure it doesnt interfere with or duplicate something (maybe overdosing - and yes too much of certain vitamins for pets can be harmful) a pet is already taking.

Kudos on fessing up

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been giving my border collies, Nussentials Pet Restore Joint Health liquid for over 2 years. they are very active and do agility jumps, which my vet said makes the older one subject to some joint stiffness and arthritis. they have shown great results, and as a side benefit, the natural Hyaulronic Acid in the product has made their coats fuller and a have nice sheen. I am a fan, results count.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts