Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm new to the forum. I've had a very stressful weekend and was wondering if anyone can offer some insight to my problem. I'll try and keep it short but I want to give as much info as possible. I have two schnauzers, Esther and Vivianne (Vivi). Over the weekend we dog sat another Schnauzer named Cole. Cole came thurs. night and we all went on a walk. Nothing unusual. Came back, Vivi wouldn't eat dinner. Threw up and kept wanting outside to go to bathroom. By friday she was in bad shape and took her to emergency vet. She stayed for 3 days with pancreatitus. Sunday morning Cole wouldn't eat. Mom and dad came and got him in the afternoon. By yesterday he is in the hospital with pancreatitus. NOW....my friend in a different neighborhood told me this morning her neighbors Schnauzer just got out of the hospital from having...you guessed it... pancreatitus. My Esther had some stomach issues a few weeks ago but it didn't develope into pancreatitus. My dog's eat Newmans Own. Cole eats Innova. Don't know what the other dog eats. His mom thinks there is something in his yard he's eating. Does anyone know of anything in the grass at the moment that would make our babies sick??!! I've seen Vivi rooting around in the grass before but not really "eat" anything. Not that she had to chew anyway. Sorry this is so long, especially for a first post! I'm just beside myself with worry about Cole. He hasn't passed the 24 hour mark on antibiotics yet. So I feel so guilty he got sick while staying with me. Also, I'm really worried about mine getting sick again. Vets just say Schnauzers are prone to digestive issues. But knowing 3 dogs that have all had pancreatitus over the weekend seems like an awful big coincidence to me. And if it's "something they ate" as the vet says, I would like to know what it is so I can stop them from eating it! Thanks so much for any insight you can provide. I sincerely appreciate it. I'll hush up now.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Hello,
I'm new to the forum. I've had a very stressful weekend and was wondering if anyone can offer some insight to my problem. I'll try and keep it short but I want to give as much info as possible. I have two schnauzers, Esther and Vivianne (Vivi). Over the weekend we dog sat another Schnauzer named Cole. Cole came thurs. night and we all went on a walk. Nothing unusual. Came back, Vivi wouldn't eat dinner. Threw up and kept wanting outside to go to bathroom. By friday she was in bad shape and took her to emergency vet. She stayed for 3 days with pancreatitus. Sunday morning Cole wouldn't eat. Mom and dad came and got him in the afternoon. By yesterday he is in the hospital with pancreatitus. NOW....my friend in a different neighborhood told me this morning her neighbors Schnauzer just got out of the hospital from having...you guessed it... pancreatitus. My Esther had some stomach issues a few weeks ago but it didn't develope into pancreatitus. My dog's eat Newmans Own. Cole eats Innova. Don't know what the other dog eats. His mom thinks there is something in his yard he's eating. Does anyone know of anything in the grass at the moment that would make our babies sick??!! I've seen Vivi rooting around in the grass before but not really "eat" anything. Not that she had to chew anyway. Sorry this is so long, especially for a first post! I'm just beside myself with worry about Cole. He hasn't passed the 24 hour mark on antibiotics yet. So I feel so guilty he got sick while staying with me. Also, I'm really worried about mine getting sick again. Vets just say Schnauzers are prone to digestive issues. But knowing 3 dogs that have all had pancreatitus over the weekend seems like an awful big coincidence to me. And if it's "something they ate" as the vet says, I would like to know what it is so I can stop them from eating it! Thanks so much for any insight you can provide. I sincerely appreciate it. I'll hush up now.

Did you ask your vet if the grass is a possibility? If he says no ask what it could be....treats, certain food, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts