Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

as some of you might know (if you read my entry thread :) ) my girl was possibly used as a bait dog when she was really little (we got her with 6 months, so it was definitely before that).

She has a lot of bite scars in her face, which is why the assumption of being a bait dog came up (from the rescue and my vet).

Anyways, we had her for 3 months now, her coat is nice and shiny, a lot of fur grew thicker, she got fur again around her eyes and looks really good (my opinion :D ).

Within the last 1 1/2 to 2 weeks we noticed that she has white fur growing back were the scars are, especially the smaller ones (the bigger one underneath the eye grew over by now, the one above the eye will probably always be like that, but that's okay, gives her a lot of character).
Is that normal? Might sound like a stupid question, but as you can see on the pictures, it does look a little strange ;)

Before:

After:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
My black cat had this happen wherever he had scars too.

Also she looks so much happier in that second pic! So glad you've given her a great home.

·
Registered
178 Posts
When I was growing up, we had a light tan colored dog who was bit by a larger dog. When the fur came back in, it was brown. After a while, her hair went back to normal though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Our pug has something like this. We got him as a rescue and during our first trip to the vet, the vet said he possibly at one point had a deep tissue wound (I think that was the description she used) and that it is common for fur to grow back differently in that area.
Scooter is completely tan, except for that one dark brown spot.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for your replies!

So everything is normal and it just gives her even more character :) Good to know!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts