Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a nearly 7 month old Bitch, She is a Rottie x American Bulldog.
She has always been a really bubbly playful dog at home and out on walks.

She isn't a rescue dog we have had her since she came away from her mother. She was so outgoing as a pup.

Really suddenly she has become really scared of everything around the streets, People, cars, bags, bus stops you name it she is scared of it. She is only ok In our house and at the yard where we keep our horses.

I think she is coming into her first season, so not sure if this is related?

Any ideas how to stop it?
Shall we only take her to the yard till her season is done? Then try roads again?

Really do need help I am at a loss?? Seeing her so frightened is actually breaking my heart x

·
Registered
5,032 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
did something happen on a walk that may have frightened her and set up this behavior?

also...rule out anything medical with a vet check. i don't have any intact dog experience but i have seen posts from other members who have intact dogs that say there can be personality changes associated with her cycle. they usually recommend a vet check to be safe. (personality changes can be cause by certain diseases)

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
^^Good suggestion. At minimum, get bloodwork and thyroid tests. A general checkup won't tell you anything if it is related.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
If she is due in season that could effect her mood and mental well being. Some females get lazy almost lethargic. Some get spooky because they do not under stand what is happening..PMS very in different dogs. Since it just started I would watch for her to come in any day..:)

·
Registered
409 Posts
What LynneMarie said. We waited for my dog Roxie's first heat before fixing her, and she was incredibly jumpy and just miserable in general. :/

·
Registered
785 Posts
PMT is a dog is wretched.
one season before speying, was not nice to see my dog so upset.
soon sorted though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts