Dog Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
Oh my god, the picture of him running with the toy over his face is hilarious! What a cutie!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Both the dogs got new collars for Christmas, and new tags, though those weren't really Christmas related.
IMG_8120.jpg
IMG_8122.jpg

Sawyer giving me a seriously unimpressed look while trying to get a good photo of both of them.
IMG_8133.jpg

The only decentish photo I got of Maye
Maye 6.jpg

Apparently its a comfortable position
Maye 5.jpg

The other thing im really happy with is Sawyer's weight loss. He was stuck on a plateau of 50 pounds for months. I guess having Maye to play was that extra little exercise he needed, and he's now 46 pounds. The first photo is when he was 57 and I realized that he needed to loose weight, the next one is at 52-51, and the last one is the most recent at 46 pounds.
S!.jpg
S@.jpg
IMG_8128.jpg

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I kept forgetting to take pictures of Sawyers new harness. I got him alpine outfitters urban trail harness, I'm very happy with it and I'm deffinitly getting one for Maye. Anyways I figures today was as good a day as any, although it seems I waited a bit to long and since the sun was going down it made the lighting kind of funny.

Sawyer 245.jpg

Sawyer 246.jpg

Sawyer 242.jpg

Sawyer 243.jpg

Sawyer 244.jpg

Sawyer 247.jpg

Sawyer 248.jpg

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I follow a Australian shepherd rescue site because lets face it I'm a aussie addict :p. Anyways they just got a new puppy into the rescue and she looks exactly like Sawyer when he was younger. The only difference is, it that she's a ton lighter. Given she looks more blond I wonder if she has bc in her but it could just be that she's wicked light red and the lighting made it look even lighter.
This is her and Sawyer as a puppy compared
Sawyers Twin.jpg untitled.png

It also made me relies how much Sawyer has grown from being 5 months when we got him to now being a fluffy 2 year old.
Then:
Sawyer 2.jpg
Now:
Sawyer 244.jpg

·
Registered
200 Posts
What a beautiful dog you have! I love the pic's too! They make me want spring to come :) Looks like lovely weather for a lovely pup.

Thanks for sharing!
Kerri

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I decided to take miss monkey out for more of a longer walk since she really needed to get some energy out. Well I discovered my car is making noises (yaaa :eyeroll:, fingers crossed its nothing to bad), so instead of taking her to the rail trail like I planed I kind of did a spur of the moment stop. It wasn't really a trail, its more like a "trail" that people use for hunting and probably maintenance for the line of telephone/power poles (I cant think of what there actually called at the moment) that go off on either side of the road. It was a fun little hike and we found a little pond with a beaver dam and hut not to far back. But of coarse, about 2 minutes after we got to the pond it started to rain, so I had to hurry back while trying to avoid the mud and mucky spots while Maye decided to stop a few times to smell things :eyeroll: all the while the rain was getting stronger, so that was fun lol. We only ended up walking a mile since it started to rain and I didn't think she would be very tired but I guess the mini hike did it for her, yaa.
Here's the after math :D
Maye 7.jpg
Maye 8.jpg

And here's on of the views from the top of hill. It was raining and cloudy so my phone didn't want to take a very good picture, I decided to fiddle with it a bit, hopefully it looks ok. Oh and I almost forgot, happy Earth Day.
Marsh Poles.jpg

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I keep forgetting I don't have any photos of Maye and Sawyer together, so since its such a nice day out today I decided to do a photoshoot.

Maye 15.jpg

Maye 16.jpg

Maye 17.jpg

And one of mr. fluffy but Sawyer
Sawyer 251.jpg

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Finally got Mayes harness :D. Its so nice to finally have one that actually fits and one that she cant slip out of. I still think I didn't quite get the neck/chest measurement right again and I think its a little high but it doesn't seem to bother her at all so that's good. I was a little hesitant picking burgundy for her color and since it doesn't seem to be a very popular color I couldn't find any photos of their harnesses in burgundy. But I think it looks good on her. To bad her backpack isn't the same color but I think black will be a good color to go over the burgundy.
Maye 19.jpg

Maye 20.jpg

Maye 21.jpg

Maye 22.jpg

Maye 2.jpg

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I finally got Maye to go in the pool, it was only a few inches but deffinitly a improvement from not wanting to go near the pool for a drink. Apparently treats make everything better :thumbsup:.

Happy pool puppy
Maye 23.jpg

Miss monkey being a dork
Maye 24.jpg

One of my new favorite pictures of her
Maye 25.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
What a good boy!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks :), I got so many annoyed looks from him since apparently I was going to slow for him and he really wanted to eat the kibble.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Maye went to her first pet fair today, and she did pretty well I was very proud of her. She's normally more nervous and sometimes reactive to kids and other dogs so today was a test to see if she would be ok to go to a bigger pet fair next month. She didn't bark at all, she was still a bit nervous and she wasn't the most cooperative with walking around at the beginning but the lure of treats helped a lot. It was also fun for me since it was also my first pet fair and I got to meet my first Rhodesian ridgebacks (I may or may not want a ridgeback now :p) and a Norwegian elkhound.
Maye 26.jpg

I also did some core/balance training with Sawyer.
Sawyer 259.jpg
Sawyer 260.jpg

21 - 37 of 37 Posts