Dog Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I made one of these forever ago but I completely forgot about it lol. So I figured id start a new one.

Since its been so hot lately I haven't really haven't been able to take Sawyer out other then bathroom trips. Thankfully today its comfortable, especially in the shade with a breeze (yaa, I hate heat lol). It seemed someone needed to get his ya ya's out after being cooped up. He even tried some lazy digging, he couldn't even be bothered to get up to dig and just did it while laying on his side :eyeroll:.

Mammal Dog Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

Vertebrate Dog Mammal Canidae Carnivore

Dog Mammal Canidae Dog breed German longhaired pointer

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

These are just some of my favorites I took before that I wanted to stick on here. This also made me realize the giant amount of photos I have of him :rolleyes:

Mammal Dog Canidae Nose Snout

Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog Dog breed

Mammal Dog Canidae Shih tzu Dog breed

Dog Vertebrate Canidae Mammal Dog breed

Dog Canidae Puppy Fur Companion dog

Dog Dog breed Canidae Mammal Carnivore

Mammal Vertebrate Dog Canidae Grass

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Australian collie Dog breed

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

·
Registered
276 Posts
Excuse me while I drool over Sawyer..
He's gorgeous!

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you :)

Honestly he'd probably join you in drooling lol, between food and car rides he's a bit of a drool monster :p

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Someone got his very first antler and a brand new bed (I don't think he likes them :p). I find that he prefers to lay on his bed to chew his marrow bones/chew toys, and as soon as I gave him his antler and put down the bed so he could sniff/investigate it he went and layed right down. He wouldn't even get up off it when I tried to get it back so I could put it upstairs, I had to walk in the other room so he would follow me so I could get the bed back. If I tried just walking away a bit he would stand up and watch me to see were I was going but as soon as I walked back he layed right back down and went back to chewing his antler lol. Fingers crossed he will use it to sleep on upstairs, if not I guess it will have to be the living room dog bed.

Dog Dog breed Canidae Mammal Companion dog

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My idea to get Sawyer to have more of a water intake /cool off on these hot days has back fired a bit lol. I filled his small bowl with mostly crushed ice and enough water to cover it. Well instead of drinking to get the ice cubes, he diced to go ice fishing, and stick his muzzle in the bowl to get the ice :eyeroll:. Which resulted in a very wet floor and very cold aussie muzzle lol.

Canidae Shih tzu Dog Companion dog Lhasa apso

Vertebrate Mammal Dog Canidae Phalène

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It seems someone has finally discovered the joys of water bottles.... sort of :eyeroll:. He's still unsure of it, and I don't think he gets how to use it as a toy, so far he's just walked around the house with it his mouth :eek:.

Dog Canidae Dog breed Mammal Australian collie

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Australian collie Canidae

Dog Canidae Dog breed Companion dog Snout

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hanging out in his tunnel
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Australian collie

Sitting on the cooler

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you :),

Before we got him, I really wanted a blue merle aussie, since its my favorite coat pattern/type. But since having him his coat color has really grown on me, especially because of how dark it is.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive been working with Sawyer on loosing weight, and im really happy with his progress. I didn't even think he was that pudgy before (I knew he was overweight but I guess I didn't realize how much). Before he was 57ish pounds due to me over feeding and getting way more treats then normal during his training class. But with cutting back his food and getting in more exercise, he's now down to 51-52. Though he still does need to loose a bit more, my guess is that 48 will be his ideal weight, but ill see when he gets down to it. And hopefully now that the summer is slowly starting to cool off we can actually go out and do stuff which should help.

Before:
Hair Dog Canidae Dog breed Liver

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Australian collie

Now:
Hair Canidae Dog Hairstyle Dog breed

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sawyers best buddie Skittles (my brothers pit) came to visit today. Some one was very happy lol. Other then his not great doggy manners/ etiquette (he doesn't get that when both or one of them are tired its time to stop playing or at least leave the other dog alone for a bit, he's gotten better but its still something he needs to work on) he was a bit of a brat. He kept trying to hump her :eyeroll:, im sure it was a mix of stress/over stim from having people especially kids over and not really having been able to go out for the last 3 days (its been rainy/windy and yucky) though. But other then that they had fun and by the end Skittles was exshausted, while mister energizer bunny still wanted to play :D.

Skittles

Vertebrate Dog breed Dog Mammal Canidae

The Queen Of The Couch

Sawyer

Sawyer and Skittles
Mammal Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Mammal Dog Canidae Dog breed Companion dog

·
Registered
868 Posts
They sure look like happy pups! I love the way sawyer's red and white overlay on top of each other on his withers and neck. Its cool and looks like stripes in some photos.

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They deffinitly were happy, Skittles is Sawyer's favorite doggy buddy. Out of all the dogs we've had over/he's met, he gets along with Skittles best.

They are actually pretty much separate but since its the edges of the color in some spots they tend to mix, especially because of the length of the hair. Ive never though of them as stripes before they kind of do :).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts