Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog,Sally's teeth were very neglected by her old owner.She is fifteen,and my parents never bothered to brush her teeth.
The beginning of this year (sometime around) I began to brush her teeth,which where very yellow,had tarter,and plaque. She hated the mint tooth paste for dogs,which wasn't working well anyway.
Over time,I began to get alot more responsible with her,and now I want to pay for alot of stuff and take care of her (im 12.). Shes my best friend,I wish we could take her to the vet to get a cleaning (she also has a very small tumor in her mouth) but it may be too dangerous because she may not wake up if they put her under. So for my birthday I took her to petsmart and got her some doggie mint dental spray,and some new beef flavored toothpaste
(I wanted to get her stuff for my birthday.) (Usually when i get money Sally gets stuff or i get a few figurines.)

Anyways..now I give her bones (stocking up slowly.),I brush her teeth ,and use mint spray.
Her back teeth are now white,and most of her teeth now are very very good and hardly have any build up!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
That is great!! Have you tried the dental treats to help with her teeth. Sometimes that helps keep the teeth clean after brushing. Also does she like rope toys? There are dental rope toys that are supposed to be good for their teeth as well.

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is great!! Have you tried the dental treats to help with her teeth. Sometimes that helps keep the teeth clean after brushing. Also does she like rope toys? There are dental rope toys that are supposed to be good for their teeth as well.
She literally has no interest in toys,but thank you. We have tried the treats,but the kinds i have tried with her she doesn't seem to enoy

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
@Fluffy Sally what a great dog owner you are! that's so great that you put Sally before yourself when you get money! I'm sure she will benefit greatly from the care you are giving to her teeth. When you become an adult you will give some lucky dog a wonderful life!!! :thumbsup: Don't forget that you deserve a treat yourself sometimes though :)

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Fluffy Sally what a great dog owner you are! that's so great that you put Sally before yourself when you get money! I'm sure she will benefit greatly from the care you are giving to her teeth. When you become an adult you will give some lucky dog a wonderful life!!! :thumbsup: Don't forget that you deserve a treat yourself sometimes though :)
But I have enough toys,when Sally only has few things.I think i'll run to the store today and get her some pig ears and blankets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts