Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three days ago I got her a new bone,that day she began coughing (hadn't yet given her the bone that day) The next day she was coughing a tiny bit but she chewed on her bone a bit (usually shes fine with them.).Today she threw up yellow stuff with no bone in it or anything,she won't eat and she won't drink too much.She just wants to sleep.Shes 15,and her legs are getting pretty stiff,and shes not liking walks anymore.She has cancer,and i have had her for 9 years.
Since im 12 i cant call the vet,and my parents wont.
What do I do? I want to help her,and i love her alot. :huddle: :ponder: :confused:
I'm worried about her.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Last time my dogs were sick the vet said to withhold food and water for 24 hours. Then try feeding a tiny amount of food with a little bit of water.

You can try that. I hope she is feeling better soon.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hi,
Its really hard when dogs get old and they're sick, and we can't do very much to help them. I think you should just keep her company, and if you can find special foods that she loves, she might be able to eat a bit. I know you've been very worried about her, and how much you love her and I'm sure she knows as well. Hugs to both of you.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I'm so sorry that your Sally is that sick, I know how much you love her and want to do what's best for her, and I know how hard it is to be that young and not be able to take your beloved friend to the vet (I had it happen)

If you fast her what you do depends on what her symptoms are. If she has diarrhea you should withhold food but let her have water, if she's just vomiting then you'd withhold both food and water.

Try to offer her her favorite foods. Try canned dog food, real meat like chicken, beef, or fish, cheese (it it doesn't make her have diarrhea, yogurt, canned cat food, anything like that may get her interested. Don't offer to much at once though, since it may upset her stomach more and make her not want to eat at all. Offer a little bit every few hours. Other then that the best you can do is keep her as comfortable as possible, and pet her and love her.

Reactions: harleyboysmom
1 - 4 of 4 Posts