Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a two year old Saint Bernard named Oba and a 3 year old Dingo mix named Boomer.
Oba, the Saint Bernard has yet to be fixed, while Boomer, the Dingo mix, has been fixed since he was a puppy.

For the past month or so, Oba constantly sniffs Boomers butt and penis area while whining. When I say constantly, I mean CONSTANTLY. He knows "No" and "Leave it." but even with these commands, usually a few minute to an hour later he is doing it again.
Some days are good and he doesn't do it at all, other days, he is on Boomer ALL the time.

Also, whenever Boomer goes pee, he tries to lick on Boomers penis area. When he does, his teeth start chattering and his mouth foams slightly. This also happens when he tries to lick Boomers pee off the ground and sometimes when he randomly sniffs and licks the carpet.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

·
Registered
813 Posts
What is Oba doing when Boomer is sniffing him? Have there been any changes in Oba's behaviour? Oba may be reaching sexual maturity so there would be new hormones running through his body and Boomer is smelling the difference and getting excited. You could have Oba checked by a vet to eliminate a possibility of something wrong with his health.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts