Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking for recommendations for safe chew toys that will maintain interest for more than a few minutes. I have a KONG that I can stuff with treats/frozen stuff, but am looking for more suggestions so I can leave a few in the exercise pen while I am away. So it needs to be something safe that does not require supervision. A couple people recommended Antlers- are these safe? Also Himalayan dog chews but someone else said not good for young puppies and not unsupervised...

Recommendations?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Bully sticks, Himalayan chews and antlers are all great...but they should have supervision because chips can sometimes break off and be a choking hazard.

It often depends on what the dog likes. What's time consuming for one dog isn't for another. My Doxie Teckel would chew on his teddy bear (more of a teddy "shell" after a while!) for hours, but my dogs now play with stuffies for maybe 5 minutes. Lots of dogs like Nylabones, and the flavored ones are often more enticing. There's everlasting treats. There's "busy buddy" toys, sometimes similar to kongs, but there are others that the have to "work" to get the little treats out. I think if you get a few options for the puppy then they'll be fine. They need to take naps during the day too if they're that young.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts