Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a VERY long pause, longest I have ever had between as a matter of fact, I am back with a new foster, and she is pregnant!

Please welcome my latest foster, Sadie! This poor girl found herself neglected and pregnant, until a family took her in, however they currently don't have the time to raise a litter, so this beautiful German Shepherd is here to stay with me to whelp her litter and raise them, then she will go back to her loving family, and her babies will all find great homes through the pound. She is the sweetest girl, and though she might weigh 70-80 plus pounds right now, she is an extreme cuddle bug and would happily sit in a lap! Probably a week out I am guessing from puppies, and let me tell you, her belly is HUGE! Good chance there are 12 or more in there. Stay tuned for plenty of pup-dates upcoming!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back! Awww she's beautiful! I was wondering if everything was ok since it had been so long.

Thanks! Yeah, it's been like, four months I think? Very quiet winter. I had a couple fosters, but they were super short term and only stayed a couple days. Glad to be back!

·
Registered
671 Posts
So glad you're back! I don't post much, but I check in to see if anything new is happening, and I always check to see if you're fostering again. Exciting times ahead!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Surprisingly fast, but Sadie went into first stage labor yesterday afternoon, and delivered her first puppy just before Midnight last night, continued throughout the wee hours of the morning, and we are currently sitting at 9 puppies! Her first 7 came pretty close together, then she took a three hour pause, I could have swore she was done, but always stick right by them for at least four hours after just to be safe, and out came number 8; this girl had me really scared for a short time, she was born feet first with no sack and she was full of fluid, not moving at all, thankfully I have read up on the "accordion maneuver" to expel fluids from a puppy, I really feel knowing how to do that saved her life! She had fluids coming out her nose and mouth in large amounts. She is doing great now thankfully, along with all the other babies. Puppy 9 came without issue thankfully. Momma Sadie and I are exhausted, and I am running on about 2 hours of sleep, but we are pushing through it! Names and individual photos to come soon, so stay tuned!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Good job to both of you! What a blessing to have such a dedicated foster mom to help these pregnant dogs and their pups both during and after the birthing process! Looking forward to new pictures, names and the growing and training process of these precious pups!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Officially introducing the Medieval Litter! Since Sadie's name means Princess, we decided to go with a medieval/royal theme for this bunch of sweet babies. Names are listed on each photo. We have one golden baby, two seal with tan points, one black, and five black an tan. All are doing great today, and I am getting tons of photos which I will be uploading soon, still waiting on the internet to return. Until then, enjoy these!

Abbie, girl.

Baron, boy

Courage, boy

Crusader, boy

Ella, girl

Knight, boy

Mace, boy.

Marian, girl.

Queen, girl.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What a wonderful royal family! I love how Marian stands out in the crowd. How are they doing, especially the little one whose life you saved?

Haha, yes she does, and not just in coloring, but in temperament too! She has a mind of her own already, lol. All are doing great, and little Ella (the one I saved) is also doing wonderful, never would have known she was that close to not making it!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Internet is back up, so updates will be back to their normal state. Everyone is doing great! They are strong, active puppies, and yet so chill! When I pick someone up, they will instantly fall asleep in my hands, which I love because it allows for tons of snuggle time �� I know I am totally a broken record by this point because I say it with every litter... but I am so in love with them, they are just the most precious babies! I swear they look bigger every time I look at them, they are some big babies! Sadie is doing amazing, slowly putting on weight and taking great care of her little ones. She is getting to the stage where she is now leaving them for a bit after feedings and wants to hang out with us or enjoy some time outside on a walk around the yard. She is such an amazing dog, wonderful nature! I have so many photos lined up to post, so will post a bunch everyday until I get through them all. Be prepared for overwhelming cuteness

1 - 20 of 97 Posts