Dog Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor has a Manchester Terrier that really pulls on the leash.

I've always had success with harnesses on my own dogs--and using a harness prevents the trachea damage caused by attaching the leash to the dog's collar.

But my neighbor said she tried a harness and her Manchester wriggled / slipped out of it.

Can someone recommend a safe harness for a high-energy Manchester Terrier, something he can't wriggle out of?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,248 Posts
There's a brand called Houdini that has an extra belly strap that makes escape as close to impossible as a legal disclaimer would allow. I like the Perfect Fit, I can't see how a dog could get out of that.

What sort of harness are they using now, is it Y or H shaped at the front?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JoanneF, she isn't using a harness now, since the dog slipped out of the one she had. The next time I see her, I will ask her what type of harness she tried before. (I'm guessing it was something from PetSmart, but I'm not 100 percent sure.)

Also: This is a TOY Manchester Terrier. I was surfing the web and just realized that there is also a standard version, which I've never met before.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Interesting! I'll go take a look at it. Do you mind if I ask what kind of dog you have?
My dog is a Cocker mix. However my parents have a dog that is a Poodle/Chihuahua/etc. mix that has a pretty similar body type to a toy Manchester terrier - deep chest, thin waist - and they have the same harness (they liked the one I had for my dog so bought the same brand for their three). I don't know how big this person's dog is, but the Flagline does come in an XXS (my parents' Poodle mix is about 18 lbs and wears an XS) so it may work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts