Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A young equestrian eventer was killed in an accident recently. There is a hashtag going around #rideforolivia and #rideforoliviaandcoriolanus, with photos of people with their favorite horses. The photos will then be made into tribute artwork. Below is an older article, but since then, Coriolanus was euthanised due to injury.

I hope that her family finds solace in these hard times. Their daughter passed away doing what she loved.

Olivia Inglis: Young equestrian star crushed to death by own horse while competing as parents watch from stand | World | News | The Independent

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
I've been seeing a lot of photos. Such devastating news. Scary reminder just how dangerous the sport is, and how unpredictable it can be.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@jclark, solid jumps+high speeds, its not something I would ever even dare to do. It's sad how many lives cross country takes.
@Aspen726, I sent one in too, on my Twitter. It's amazing how many photos there are. It just shows how much communities can pull together to help others who they may not even know.

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
I think the danger is part of what makes it so fun.

Reactions: Aspen726
1 - 7 of 7 Posts