Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, why do dogs do reverse sneezing? Tinkerbell does it a lot and Wendy is like...trying to? LOL she sounds like she is super quietly reverse sneezing but it feels like she is hicupping while she is doing it.... I was wondering if anybody knows why it occurs?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea we thought Tinkerbell had kennel cough but the vet looked her over and said it wasn't. That was 2 years ago and she still does her reverse sneezing just as much as before (not often). One person said it can be caused by a trachea irritation and occurs when very small dogs are altered because of the breathing tube they use and it being too big so it gets dry in their throat then they pull it out. Wendy was doing it sort of, so we put her in her crate and she calmed down and stopped. joy

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
now that you bring this up and I watched a few vids I wonder if thats not what Kiwis issue is. I don't go to the vet for kennel cough unless its bad and Kiwi will "snork" on dry days...I bet thats what shes doing.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks almost like they are going to hack something up or like they are wheezing or something. Snorkling too? LOL take a vid! haha

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea thats a reverse sneeze haha. She is done doing it now thank god. hers looked like she was gonna spew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts