Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We adopted a Labradane a week and a half ago from a Humane Society and she has been having bouts of reverse sneezing. I read to plug one side of their nose and to massage her throat, and it seems to help. Any other suggestions? Could she have allergies? We take her to get spayed on the 16th (and will ask the vet then also) and was just wondering what causes this? It seems to happen when she is on the couch and getting up or sometimes when she gets excited. Thanks in advance for some insight. We never have had a dog do this before and it is kind of a scary thing.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
My Molly does it a few times a week! Not uncommon at at, but bring it up at your next Vet appt ...........have a conversation, ask about having a collapsing trachea, just to make sure it is just reverse sneezing!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Also, since she was adopted out of a kennel situation, could it be Kennel Cough?
Reverse sneezing is usually only seen in very small or 'smush faced'(Brachycephalic) dogs.....

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Samantha has done the reverse sneeze routine for the over seven years we have had her. Doesn't seem to cause any problems, but it is certainly disconcerting to listen to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We will see the vet on the 16th so I will have my husband ask about Kennel cough-thank you both for your help!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts