Dog Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

First, we lost Rocky last July 18, 2014 he was 12 years 4 months old. He died a natural death due to DM. His limbs weaken and as it progresses he became paraplegic and then lost urinary and fecal continence. He passed away at about 10:30 PM.

Rocky was fun to be with he likes riding the car shot gun and sticking out his head through the window. It was a sad day for us.

Then on August 17, not even a month passed by Atom followed he was 8 years 1 month old. Unlike Rocky, Atoms death was sudden. A day before his death he was doing fine then all of a sudden he vomitted water then the following day he vomitted water again but this time it has blood. We were not home when Atom died which is why I feel guilty we haven't had a chance to say goodbye.

Goodbye Atom Goodbye Rocky Rest in Peace.

I made a blog memorial for them here http://myrockydog.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I'm so sorry for your double loss :huddle: my previous dog, Maddy, had a severe heart murmur, she was on much medication. Early one morning I heard her go downstairs (she slept in our room) I was about to follow her when I heard her take a drink, thinking that's all she went down for I went back to sleep. When I got up less than an hour later she was dead at the bottom of the stairs. I was devastated & completely wracked with guilt that I wasn't with her when she died. But as many people have told me, she was such a much loved dog & she died in her favourite place - home, then I have nothing to feel guilty about. The same goes for you guys, both your dogs were fortunate to have a family who loved them very much, they'll both be waiting for you with waggy tails I'm sure.
Try to think of all the good times you had with them, especially Atom, as he is the one playing on your mind. Both Rocky & Atom were stunning, beautiful dogs, you were lucky to have them in your lives :huddle:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^thank you for the kind words. It just pains me that I was not there when Atom died. I'm sorry for your loss of Maddy.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
And it will do for some time, it's over two years since I lost Maddy, if I allow myself to think about that morning she died I can easily crumple, if I feel those thoughts creeping in I quickly try to think of her in a more positive light. Try to concentrate on the fun times you had with Atom & talk about him with a happy memory, I really found this helped me :huddle:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your help! I will do that.

And it will do for some time, it's over two years since I lost Maddy, if I allow myself to think about that morning she died I can easily crumple, if I feel those thoughts creeping in I quickly try to think of her in a more positive light. Try to concentrate on the fun times you had with Atom & talk about him with a happy memory, I really found this helped me :huddle:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss :(

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
(((HUGS)))

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's not easy to lose our dogs when we know there going is for the best, but it's immeasurably worse when it's so sudden, and unexpected, and losing the second one is so close to the time we lost the first.

Don't beat yourself up about not being there, you would have been by his side if you had known.

Reactions: Jesse

·
Registered
441 Posts
So very sorry for your loss,no words can express the sadness you will be feeling...
I recently had to have Jesse PTS and I know the heartbreak will remain,as it will with the loss of your beautiful babies!I send you all my sympathy and big hugs...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you, someday I will see them again...

(((HUGS)))

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's not easy to lose our dogs when we know there going is for the best, but it's immeasurably worse when it's so sudden, and unexpected, and losing the second one is so close to the time we lost the first.

Don't beat yourself up about not being there, you would have been by his side if you had known.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks, I know they are happy now wherever they are. I should be happy for them too, but still my heart aches every time I glance upon the place where they usually hang out. I know this will pass.

So very sorry for your loss,no words can express the sadness you will be feeling...
I recently had to have Jesse PTS and I know the heartbreak will remain,as it will with the loss of your beautiful babies!I send you all my sympathy and big hugs...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm so sorry. I was absolutely devastated after losing just one of my dogs, and I can't imagine losing two so quickly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Goodbye Chiqui

Lost another friend her name is Chiqui. Chiqui is an adopted dog, we got her when our area was flooded. We saw her wet, cold and hungry at our gates begging to be adopted. We

Good bye! We'll be seeing each other again someday! Rocky and Atom will welcome you in dog heaven.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Farewell to our Dog Amber

Amber had tumors, 6 mos ago we took her to the vet and have her tumor that burst open removed. Then after that there were tumors popping up all over her body, it broke our hearts.

Then a week ago, she started bleeding. There were blood coming out of her ears, mouth and nose. We decided that she has suffered enough so we had her euthanized. It was sad, but we had no choice. Goodbye Amber... see you in the next life.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Oh my goodness!! What a time you've had!! You have lost 4 much loved dogs in such a short time! My heart truly goes out to you :huddle:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all for your kind words.....

This morning Acer our largest dog left us, he's such a playful and energetic dog. We will missed him. Born: Jun 25, 2006 Died: February 4, 2014 I really wished I have more time to spend with you...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is Anika, the sweetest dog in the bunch and like Amber she also has tumor... she passed away yesterday. We had to call the vet and had her euthanized since she was in a lot of pain... Rest and Peace princess!

Born: June 25, 2006 Died: March 11, 2017

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
farewell to Sola and Atchung! Sola was 15yo while Atchung was 11yo and 9mos. They will be joining the rest of the family in dog heaven. They were euthanized on this day, it was unbearable to see them in pain.

Atchung

Sola

1 - 19 of 19 Posts