Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, several months ago my wife and I rescued a dog from a local shelter. At first she was very timid and frightened, but she is doing great now and has become our 7-year-old daughter's best friend - they even sleep right next to each other at night. We noticed that the dog (Charo) had a habit of only using one hind leg at times and about a month ago this behavior started to become more regular. We took her in to see the vet and found out that she has LCP disease and could end up losing the use of her leg. Bottom line is that she needs surgery, and it is expensive (estimate is $1,000-$2,000). We cannot bear the thought of giving her up, we want to help her, but we don't have the money for the surgery. Our daughter took it upon herself to start raising money for the surgery (yes, our 7-year-old!). If you, or anyone you know, would be interested in helping (or would just be interested in following the story), please visit the website we have set up. Your help can make a real difference...

Thank you for reading my post!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts