Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rescued our puppy Charkey a couple months ago. He's now 25 pounds and 15 weeks old. His papers say Shepherd Mix and would love to know what other people think. I was thinking Plott Hound, but a few people have insisted Pit Bull, which I could some mix in there. He's a great puppy - a lot of fun and very smart. He is brindle in color with white paws, white chest and white around his nose.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Some people have said that. And I wasn't sure what Shepherd might mean. Australian or German. Your Shepherd is so cute!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I wish I could be of more help with breed guessing, but it will probably be a bit easier to tell as he gets older.
He is absolutely adorable and cute though, I wonder how his ears will turn out.

Reactions: sher1011

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have no clue on the breed mix, other than gorgeous mixed with adorable!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I could see the Plott Hound, but his face just doesn't seem "blocky" enough to be Pit Bull. Maybe something similar but not so square, like a boxer or lab. Maybe even a mix of boxer x lab, I've seen one of those crosses that looks just like him. He could probably pass as a lab x plott hound mix though, maybe even just plott hound depending what he grows up to look like. Most shelters and people seem to say a dog is just a shepherd mix if they don't know what it is, but he could be anything.
It's hard to tell when they're this young, but he's one of the cutest puppies I've ever seen ugh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.