Dog Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum world. I have a few questions about my puppy. I rescued an American Pitbull Male puppy. When I found him the vet estimated him to be 5 to 6 months old. He was severely emaciated and very sick, it's amazing the little guy survived. He was only 15 pounds and all bones were showing. He also had a green discharge coming from his nose and eyes and a deep cough that took months to get over, and he was extremely hand shy. It's been almost a year since I found him, and he is now a happy 58 pound puppy. I've been watching him play though, and he just started getting over a right front shoulder injury. But the problem is now he's limping on his back right leg. He is a very active and clumsy puppy, but I was wondering if in his severely abused state as a puppy if that should cause any concern with ongoing problems even though he is very healthy and happy now. There's not much about long term effects of abuse on line so I thought my best chance would be to ask actual people. If it is a concern I will get him to the vet right away, but if not I will have him take it easy until he heals. Thank you for your help :). Dan.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts