Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our elderly little dog Baby was diagnosed with lung cancer a few weeks ago and has a lot of fluid build up in his lungs.
They drained them for us and he's on a diuretic, but the fluid comes back after about 2 weeks and we can't afford to have it drained as often as we'd like. (it's about $300 dollars every few weeks, yikes)

We're currently getting funds together for the surgery he needs to remove the tumor, but is there anything we can do to make him more comfortable until then?
It makes him so tired and all I know to do is try to comfort him.

Would a humidifier in an enclosed room help? If anyone else has gone through this and found ways to make them more comfortable, I'd really appreciate the input.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am assuming he is on something like Lasix to help remove the fluid. He is probably lethargic because the fluid isn't allowing the lungs to expand to their full capacity so his oxygen level is low.

I have my dog with different lung issues on a nebulizer to loosen the mucous and get antibiotics into his lungs but I don't think it sounds like that is the issue here so I don't think a humidified room would help.

I'm sure the vet will have other ideas how to make him comfortable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts