Dog Forum banner

Red spots/bumps on my dogs back and stomach.

619 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  diamondemuzik@gmail.com 
#1 ·
Hello, I have a Great Pyrenees that is 11 months old. This past month I shaved him and took him to vet which was really expensive for them to diagnose him with a fungal infection. They prescribed him an antibiotic and a shampoo. Prednisone and Malasep. Both which did not work. He is covered on his back and stomach with spots and bumps someone please help. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
If those products didnt work its been mis diagnosed & is not a fungal infection, I would think allergies or bacterial. I would be ringing the vet & telling them. Try soothing like 3-4 tablespoons of salt in a bath of luke warm water, dont use a blow dryer, keep the dog cool & out of heat as it could be shavers rash or heat rash too, use aloe vera (its internal & externally safe) Check garden for poisonous plants or weeds that make dogs itch like wandering dew weed. Use anti sceptic wet wipes. Check its not a reaction to flea treatments, food or pesticides anywhere.

#3 ·
Thank you so much!! I will defintely take a look at yard ! And keep him cool. I just put some aloe Vera on him about an hr ago and he hasn’t been itching. Also plan on soaking him in the water. Is there anything else I can do in the mean time? I won’t be able to take him to vet for another week or 2. Thanks again!

#4 ·
☺ glad to hear the aloes releiving the itching- the other thing would be to visit your health shop & ask if they have any range of anti- inflammatery for dogs or look online. Or ask your vet if they will sell you some over the counter as you've already had the assessment. Im guessing its cos of the price of the last visit that your not going for a couple weeks. But follow up care should be free other than the actual meds. You can also look online at natural antibiotics for dogs. You can do some dog forum searches using the icon above & clicking posts & putting in search words like rash etc. You will get alot of info that way as there's been alot of dogs suffering from rashes unfortunately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.