Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every since last week we've noticed our dog had developed a large red spot on his back. The spot was about an inch long and exposed his skin in a deep red color as well as had a loss of hair. At first we thought it was just a burn mark that he got while sleeping under my brother's car that had recently been driven. This was reassured as the days went on when it began to turn black and as of now it is just a large scab. But now he's developed several more smaller spots on the back of his neck and now we're stumbled as to what these spots really are. There seems to be more appearing everyday and I've seen him scratch at them a few times. If anyone knows any cause to this or what it is please let me know. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Every since last week we've noticed our dog had developed a large red spot on his back. The spot was about an inch long and exposed his skin in a deep red color as well as had a loss of hair. At first we thought it was just a burn mark that he got while sleeping under my brother's car that had recently been driven. This was reassured as the days went on when it began to turn black and as of now it is just a large scab. But now he's developed several more smaller spots on the back of his neck and now we're stumbled as to what these spots really are. There seems to be more appearing everyday and I've seen him scratch at them a few times. If anyone knows any cause to this or what it is please let me know. Thank you.
My God it's been a week like that, it's getting progressively worse, and you haven't been to a vet? I'm not entirely sure what it is, it doesn't look like a typical hot spot, but it's not normal. "Just a burn" isn't anything to take lightly either, even if it was that.

Go to a vet asap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are there any home remedies we could try or alternative solutions before we decide to take him to the vet? Also, can anybody atleast attempt to diagnose what's wrong with him?

·
Registered
683 Posts
It could be any of a multitude of things, but it looks awful and your pup is miserable. There are no home remedies that I can think of and I have a lot of experience with three dogs of my own, and I am also on an international forum specifically for dog allergy issues. A vet visit is a necessity at this point.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm pretty cheap about going to the vet, wait & see, but you've already done that-- but I'd be there right now.
Mange, allergies, cancer, chemical burn, ringworm--those are my peanut-gallery best guesses. A vet is what you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts