Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the cottage and noticed there are red circular marks on the underbelly of our puppy. Is this poison ivy? Not sure.. Dog doesn't appear to be scratching it... But it does seem like it is spreading. We gave her a warm wash down there. Any help would be great as we are a bit far from the vet and we have a statutory holiday tomorrow. Dog seems in great spirits.

Thanks!!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
As far as I know, dogs do not react to poison ivy. Perhaps these marks are a reaction to bug bites. Try cooling the area with wet, cool wash cloths. It will soothe any discomfort the dog may have by calming the nerve endings.
If the dog does not seem to be bothered by it, I would not worry too much. Keep an eye on it though, hopefully it will look better in the morning.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top